Infront has been working with the CBA since May 2005 - developing, promoting and marketing every aspect of the League and raising international awareness of Chinese basketball. Today it is one of the strongest Asian sports leagues and one of the best basketball leagues worldwide.
From the outset objectives were clearly set. Early development included a re-packaging of the CBA League to create consistent high standards of presentation for all clubs, in particular around the court and in-venue. Additional efforts included harmonising TV production standards, introducing a merchandising programme, launching the first-ever public viewing of a basketball event in China, establishing the CBA’s official website (www.cbachina.com) as well as increasing opportunities for Chinese players to gain experience abroad.
Building up Chinese basketball to its maximum potential
In an integrated approach covering the CBA League, Team China and CBA All-Star event, Infront set about branding and commercially developing the sport through global sponsorship sales as well as handling the media rights for all 400 league games - consistently setting benchmarks and attracting some of the world’s top brands.
Strong concepts for success
Infront introduced a professional media and marketing concept, initiating upgrades across the board – improved television production quality and distribution, better promotional activities and the development of a digital media platform as well as supporting the technical development and encouraging projects at youth and grassroots level. All to the benefit of official sponsors, a comprehensive rights package, professional standards of implementation and state-of-the-art operations were consistently implemented. In 2012, this was highlighted by the Li Ning brand sealing - by far the biggest sponsorship commitment ever for a Chinese sports property and one of the largest in today’s world of sports.
- A high value sports platform was created – today, it is one of the most successful professional basketball leagues worldwide;
- The league leverages the buying power of one of the world’s greatest markets for sponsors;
- It appeals to foreign players and fans - live attendance has grown steadily, to +1m a year (89% average attendance ratio);
- Cumulative TV audience reached 906m for the 2015/16 season. Games are also broadcasted to North America;
- Infront attracted top international brands such as UPS, Nike, ExxonMobil, Stanley Black & Decker and Konica Minolta, sponsorship revenues more than 18-fold since the 2005/06.