The state-of-the-art digital media platform created for the Champions Hockey League encompassed fuller entertainment options for fans, powerful marketing activation for brands and greater awareness of the competition.
State-of-the-art digital media platform extends reach of CHL
Aiming to be the pinnacle of European club Ice Hockey, the CHL turned to Infront Sports & Media to develop a digital strategy that aligned with the league’s vision, mission and values. As a newly launched competition, the CHL faced the challenge of communicating their brand and building awareness with fans. To ensure that fans following the CHL on any digital channel or device would be able to share in the passion of the thrilling and engaging hockey games across Europe, Infront’s strategy covered the entire digital ecosystem, with a mobile responsive website positioned as the hub of activation and main fan destination.
Streaming media, fan engagement and sponsor activation
In addition to live blogging of the games, a full-service, cutting-edge video streaming distribution strategy ensured that fans had access to every second of all games both live (when available per territory) and on demand. Close to 500 hours of video content was produced for the official website - www.championshockeyleague.net – with free highlights posted by the morning after each game day. Cross-platform content was developed for social media channels, including Facebook and Twitter. Sponsors enjoyed all the benefits of the on-site advertising and marketing platform, as well as the maximised media value from full integration across the digital platforms.
- Cross platform, dynamic content strategy attracted a larger and more engaged audience
- Robust, mobile responsive website excelled in rich live event coverage
- Social media was successful, with 35,900 likes to the Facebook page and 12,800
- Twitter followers during the first season (2014/15). Average dwell times on social media were 4:56.
- Game Day average dwell times was 7:49 with a high of 10:50 for the last 16; highlights the engaging content and effective live blogging strategy