Embracing the growing endurance sector, POWER HORSE was one of the first brands to exploit the sport of triathlon through a pan-European Ironman partnerhsip. IRONMAN offered the ideal platform for the energy drink manufacturer to differentiate its brand through association with the ultimate endurance event.
Seeking brand transference and image distinction
The key objective for POWER HORSE was to take advantage of an event that provided brand transference opportunities and differentiation in the market. The aim was to communicate a commitment to sport and adjacent lifestyle choices through the campaign and to build brand awareness.
A stronger image and brand
The one year campaign strategy mirrored the natural synergy of the sport with the product and leveraged the shared values of IRONMAN and POWER HORSE. Onsite as well as cross-media activation tactics enabled full engagement with the IRONMAN community. Highly visible event branding such as a POWER HORSE arch at the swim start resulted in valuable television exposure with the IRONMAN magazine programmes broadcast into 115 countries. Continuous activation across diverse media as well as integration at point-of-sale provided maximum impact as the consumer was provided with a set of sport and health-related values that distinguished POWER HORSE from competitors.
- POWER HORSE sponsorship resulted in increased sales in markets where events took place
- Extensive onsite engagement: More than 5,000 POWER HORSE CANS were consumed by athletes during one race
- POWER HORSE captured an audience onsite of 2,000 to 2,500 per race and on television with figures peaking at 300,000
- Online promotions improved interaction with consumers at all levels: unique visitors to the POWER HORSE website increased by 74% and the Facebook community went up by almost 2,000%
- Brand visibility in print media coverage increased by 40%